Wednesday 16 May 2012

The Nike Training Club - #makeitcount with Katy B

Katy B poses with NTC Master Trainers
Fashion & Music are my two great passions, exercise... not so much, however when I was invited along to the Launch of 'The Nike Training Club', hosted by British Singer/Songwriter...Katy B, I was pretty damn excited to find out more!

Nike as a brand, are dedicated to raising awareness amongst young women of how important, fitness and exercise is, and as an incentive, Nike have developed 'The Nike Training Club'. With live classes across London, plus a free Fitness APP available to down load. Nike are urging girls to rack up as many 'training' minutes as they can over the next couple of months - the top 1000 will be rewarded with tickets for themselves, plus one friend to attend Nikes first ever NTC Festival, to be held at Old Billingsgate Market on 7th July, with Katy B headlining the event.

Despite having not previously been bitten by the 'keep fit' bug, I was still fully aware that having the correct gear for the job is essential, so was super keen to check out what the top sports brand, Nike, had on offer, and I have to say.... their workout for women's range is fun, fashionable and practical.

Q&A's with Katy B and Master Trainer Sonja Mosses
Katy B was signed up having trained with Nike master trainer, Sonja Mosses... Katy revealed she comes a large family of boys, all with strong sporting backgrounds. She believed that she lost her passion for sport when she initially found music, and that it was the Nike Training classes that brought that passion back. She was aware that keeping fit from a young age was important for women, and knew from personal experience that in order to keep up with her audiences and put on the best performance she could give, being physically fit was essential... Now, having seen Katy both perform on stage, and in the gym,  I can confirm that this girl gives it all she has got... !

Katy B, plus guests at NTC Live

After a brief Q&A session with Katy we were set to task ourselves, and I am proud to say I completed a full 1 hour NTC workout session, with Katy getting involved herself.... My reservations of fitness classes were blown away, as despite being fast paced, I did not at one point feel that I was being pushed, plus the fun aspect of the routines diminished any hang ups I had regarding my own ability. I have already downloaded the app and am making arrangements to meet the girls from Exposure PR at some of the classes in Nikes Flagship store on Oxford Street... With classes open to everyone, I hope to see some of you there on the 7th!

Me - Sweaty but Happy!

Katy B will be performing at the first-ever Nike Training Club Live Festival on 7th July. Win a place by making every minute count. Visit facebook.com/niketrainingclubuk to join the challenge and #makeitcount.

No comments:

Post a Comment